Volunteer position opening, from Minnesota Hockey:
The Minnesota Hockey SafeSport Coordinator is responsible for the affiliate and local associations’ compliance to the USA Hockey SafeSport Program and Policies. (Reference USA Hockey SafeSport Handbook)
1. Compliance of Minnesota Hockey with USA Hockey SafeSport Program and Policies.
2. Assist, guide and monitor local associations’ compliance to the USA Hockey SafeSport Program and Policies.
3. Participate in the training of local association SafeSport Coordinators
4. Serve as Minnesota Hockey’s initial contact person to receive reports (phone calls, emails, etc) from victims or witnesses of suspected abuse, misconduct or other violations.
5. Provide guidance to Minnesota Hockey and local associations on investigation and disciplinary proceedings.
6. Monitor report of abuse within Minnesota Hockey and advise USA Hockey of the results.
7. Confirm and certify that required training (MH and local associations) has been completed by November 30th annually (beginning 2013)
8. Ensure compliance to MH Screening and Background Check policy
9. Collect local association compliance certifications and submit Minnesota Hockey compliance certification to USA Hockey annually. (beginning 2013)
· Legal training or experience related to child abuse law
· Local Hockey Association Board and District experience.
· Communication skills
· Organizational, planning and execution skills.
This is a volunteer position, without any pay or benefits. The following expenses are eligible for reimbursement:
· Minnesota Hockey authorized meeting attendance, including meals, lodging and travel
· Long distance phone/fax calls
· Office supplies
There currently is no reimbursement for the following expenses:
· Meals/refreshment for any other purpose other than Minnesota Hockey authorized events
· Computer expense & Internet access charges.
· Clothing, except as supplied from Minnesota Hockey without charge
· 2 to 4 hours per week
· 15 to 20 hours per week (Sept – Dec)
· 5 to 10 hours per week (Jan – March)
Please direct any questions or resumes to Minnesota Hockey President Dave Margenau at firstname.lastname@example.org.